• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

strange fuel problem

pauld

right guys, need some help here, re-fuelled my 1008 and startedto go on a journeyn no problems till the motor reached temp then it started to loose power, ok i thought needs a new fuel filter, fitted, bled, no problems, now it starts runs no problems till i heats up, then it starts to stare itself of fuel, stop, bleed filter , start , and it runs for a few mins then does the same. ive replaced the filter, drained the tank, new feul from a diffrent source, im running out of ideas, help !!!auaaua

Wolf.Dose

To my understanding the fuel pump should be ok. Also the filter should not be the problem, else the fuel would run away behind the filter for the injection pump is pressure feed. Also the little 4 blade pump on the injection pump to my understanding is working propperly. When the fuel lines are full, it is capable to feed the injection pump without the help of the fuel pump.
I think the problem is deeper in the pump. For my understanding the amount of return fuel is not the designed one. Means simply, that probably the pump is loosing some fuel internally when warm. Is the housing of the pump without crac that can widen up under temperature between the hight pressure part and the governer/regulator part. Did you check the amount of return fuel when th engine is warm.
If this all does not help and you find no evidance I think you have to change the injection pump.
Wolf from Germany

kentuckycucv

I think it is the fuel line letting in air. I found a little 3 inch rubber connecting hose in my fuel line as it was coming up the frame to the pump. I dont know why it is there but what if it had a crack in it and was sucking air into the system. If you are bleeding air out of the top of your fuel filter that air is getting in somewhere. I dont think it is a temp think I think it is a time thing. After a certain amount of run time it has sucked in enough air into your lines to cause problems.... this is Just a guess after going round and round with that fuel pressure switch problem.

jag7720

Or it cold be a clogged filter sock on the pickup in the tank. I had a similar issue... would start and drive around town fine but once on the highway... starvation. I dropped the tank and pulled the pickup out and the sock on the pickup tube was clogged. .. PITA but worth getting that sock out of there.

3dubs

check to see if smoke is coming out of the oil filler. That is exactly what mine was doing. The rings had a bunch of carbon build up and had blow-by. It would start and run but did not have power. Then when it warmed up it would die. It would start a couple more times but then not start at all. When I started it cold with the hood open I saw the smoke coming out of the oil filler. If yours is not as bad you may be able to pull the glow plugs and glow plug control card, disconnect the pink wire to the IP. Then put cleaner in the cylinders and crank it over a few times. Then put the glow plugs in but not the card. Turn it over a few more times. Put the card back in reconnect the pink wire and try to start it.

I had to pull the engine and replace the rings. But if you have blow by you can use a compression gauge to check each cylinder to see which ones are bad. Even if you do not see smoke check the compression. Mine was really bad because it was allowed to get that way before I got it.

But turning off when it warms up is a heat issue. There are temp sensors that stop the engine to prevent major damage. So check the coolant and so on too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks