• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange parts

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve got some oddball parts that I’m trying to identify. I’m really not sure what type vehicle they belong too. No part numbers have been found on these thing-a-mah-jigs. One is a drive shaft off something and the little doohickeys look like they help attach a dip stick in place. Perhaps you May have seen these?
pics:

Attachments

nattieleather

I'm no expert, but the drive shaft looks like it might be off of a PTO/Winch setup. Just a guess though. The brackets look almost like the rear seat retainers for an M151, but they are not. Maybe they are for a different truck? Not much help, but that's my guesses anyway.

Guyfang

Staff member
The small brackets are to hold brake cables in place. Can not remember what for, but do remember over an almost 30 time period of working on army stuff, removing and replacing them.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking for something different and came across a section of drive shaft very similar to this drive shaft. It’s for a M561 Gama Goat. I’ll dig a bit harder in the book and see what I come up with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks