• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange slipping or possibly downshifting issue on M1009

I'll report back once I get the chance to start tearing into it. I called a trans shop, and they kept saying a bad governor would cause a no shift or very poor shift situation, and a bad sprag would cause 2nd gear problems. And a vacuum modulator would have poor shift patterns. Not sure if they are totally right but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try a new vacuum modulator, of that doesn't work, then look at the governor, and if that's not it, my clutch pack is likely toast it seems. I'll see how it goes and will report back. Still, any other advice is appreciated!

rustystud

I'll report back once I get the chance to start tearing into it. I called a trans shop, and they kept saying a bad governor would cause a no shift or very poor shift situation, and a bad sprag would cause 2nd gear problems. And a vacuum modulator would have poor shift patterns. Not sure if they are totally right but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try a new vacuum modulator, of that doesn't work, then look at the governor, and if that's not it, my clutch pack is likely toast it seems. I'll see how it goes and will report back. Still, any other advice is appreciated!
I would bet money on it being the intermediate clutch pack which includes the sprag. If the sprag went it would take out the clutches. There is only 3 there. On most TH400's there is only two clutches in the intermediate clutch assembly. You can buy the special "Blue Alto" clutches and machine the hub to allow up to 8 clutches there. I have seven in mine and the 32 sprag unit. I don't want my second gear freaking out on me !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks