• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

strange trailer

TaylorTradingCo

I just got this one home. I have never seen anything like it before. It is about 11'6" long and 8' wide. It has three swing out things, two on the rear and one in the center on the front I am not sure what they are. They have a big hole through them, maybe 4" in diameter. I am thinking they were either for some kind of outriggers or for some kind of poles that had something to do with all of the stuff on the roof. It must have had some kind of dish mounted on top. They removed all of the data plates from the box itself. If anyone knows anything about it, let me know. I plan to convert it into a camper.

Attachments

TaylorTradingCo

Looks like a prefect Army RV!
It will be. I plan to strip most of the stuff out from inside, but it has a nice dividing wall about 6' from the rear leaving about 5' in the front. I am going to leave it intact. It even has a OD curtain, similar to a shower. I will make the nose section into a bedroom with built in bunk beds and it will be a changing area as well.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice! I was watching that one.
I def have enough and I'm glad it went to someone that's going to do something cool w/ it. I'll be watching if you do a build thread :)

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M813rc is probably right. The shelter is sitting on an M390C trailer which is used
in the Hawk Missile system.
If you don't end up using those swivel things on the back and center front, I might be
interested in buying some of them if the price is right. They are heavy, so the freight may
kill the deal though.
Download TM 9-2330-202-14&P from LOGSA
That will cover the trailer part, not the shelter.
Bruce

Last edited:

TaylorTradingCo

I am starting to tear out the electronics now, tons of them, literally. I have no knowledge of them or desire for them. I will be scrapping them out. If anyone wants any of that stuff, let me know. I took a bunch of pictures of them if you need to see what is in there.

Nice, I was watching that one, too. I'm very curious about the electronics left in it.

TaylorTradingCo

I am going to remove those swivel landing thingy's. It did not come with the legs that go to the ground. If you want them, they are available. I can weigh them and get you a freight rate on them too.

M813rc is probably right. The shelter is sitting on an M390C trailer which is used
in the Hawk Missile system.
If you don't end up using those swivel things on the back and center front, I might be
interested in buying some of them if the price is right. They are heavy, so the freight may
kill the deal though.
Download TM 9-2330-202-14&P from LOGSA
That will cover the trailer part, not the shelter.
Bruce

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks