• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange Vibes when accelerating

natemccabe

I have searched several times to no avail... After putting my 1009 in 4wd for the last trip down the Parks highway from Fairbanks, it had snowed the night before and AKDOT was on a coffee break, I've begun to notice a strange vibration when I have my foot on the accelerator. It immediately stops when I let off the pedal and gets worse the higher I rev the engine, such as going up hill or accelerating on the highway. Occasionally I hear what sounds like belt squeal coming from the rear of the truck. Any thoughts?

ragedracer

Could be losing a wheel bearing, but I'd lean towards one of the U-joints going bad on the driveshaft, possibly on the rear axle pinion. That's where I'd start anyway.

natemccabe

thanks for the tips. it was a u-joint, I replaced both on the rear d-shaft, Just a word of caution too all those attempting the same repair, be sure to put the spring clips back on, i dropped the shaft on my test drive cause i forgot one :wink: