• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Street -legalizing Humvees - Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
No the article is extremely misleading. They are sold off road only and the SF97 has it clearly stamped in red at the top. (carefully lined up by yours truly might I add)

So if it's slightly crooked I just chalked it up as close enough for Government work...

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have seen several municipalities with them registered previous to the gov allowing civ off-road only release. Its an odd situation.

theman10k

Wish they'd just agree to make them road legal then they'd be getting the prices they were getting back at the beginning of the year for them and the high prices for the good ones now would be what the rubbish ones would be making

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
This will soon be locked. I am going on record as my stamp job is better than the one displayed here so I know I didn't do that one :???:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Until DLA changes it no, the are off-road use only as the SF-97 above shows.
y

Locking thread.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once again. read the HMMWV stickies concerning titles and SF-97s.

Until the DLA changes their minds on the "OFF-ROAD" use only restriction, all the stuff you hear on the internet is just BS. This applies to the USA. (No idea how other countries will handle them).

Thank you Jwade for you input from the GP side of things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks