• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stretching a fuel tank ?

1951M1078

Anybody try stretching a M1078 fuel tank by cutting it and adding a section? Maybe add a tank hanger to take the weight ?
Was thinking 100 gallons would be good.

What do you think ?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Anybody try stretching a M1078 fuel tank by cutting it and adding a section? Maybe add a tank hanger to take the weight ?
Was thinking 100 gallons would be good.

What do you think ?
A m915 tank is 52in long. 29 in wide with mounting brackets. It will fit i am sure. And its 118 gal. Or add a m939 tank that is 71 with a 65gal draw

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

1951M1078

Thanks, I have been looking but have not found one yet. Their is one on Ebay but its has been hit a little. I will keep looking but seems their made out of gold. That is why I was thinking I would just extend my tank. Just fire up the saw and my TIG and bend some metal.

Thanks for the idea.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Repairs, ways and means, cleaning, extending fuel tank has been done.
See posts by Moderator Gringeltaube in here someplace.
these photos are of another kind of truck than yours but it gives ideas.

fuel tank 1 Gringeltaube.jpgfuel tank 2 Gringeltaube.jpgfuel tank 6 Gringeltaube.jpgfuel tank 7 Gringeltaube.jpg

Also many posts of ways and means of duel fuel tanks exist in here.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Saw a typical commercial box truck today with a squarish fuel tank. Made me think if this thread... Have you looked into non military options? Try your local junkyards? Maybe call local commercial truck shops see what leads you can get. Maybe a schoolie (school bus)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks