• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stretch's Haspin road train

N1265

RE: duece yard tractor

Our local Boy Scout troop pulls a cargo trailer and a boat behind a Panel delivery van ( no 5th wheel ) been doing it for years and never had a problem with Johnny Law. Just be sure that the lights work on the rear trailer and everything is plated. Also make sure the rear trailer does not " sway " when going down the road.

If you do get pulled over in Ohio, I suspect the only trouble any body would give you would be about the Historical plates, To get around this all you should need to do is keep a copy of the laws with you and tell the officer that you are going to a club event...

Good Luck !

ida34

RE: duece yard tractor

Based on the chart posted the rig would be legal in Michigan. The things it does not tell you in the chart is that recreational duals require a special driver's license endorsement and the front trailer must be a fifth wheel. Bumper towing two trailers would not be. I won't come down there and try to find you and I wish you luck but I think that chart is missing a few steps. I have not looked into Ohio and Indiana law to see if it is like Michigan law. I hope you guys have fun. I think the best part of the trailer train is if something happens you are only out about $50 in scrap aluminum from the camper.

namedpipes

I went looking for THIS: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0[/media]

But found THIS, which may fit this thread a bit better... [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWE5e_H47MI&feature=related[/media]

SMOKEWAGON66

dang...in Cali the CHiPpers would be on you faster then then you can say HOT****! pulling tandems is legal in cali but it can not be a bumper pull to a bumper pull..it has to be a 5th wheel then a bumper pull....any others attract cops like...well u get the idear...