• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Striped 6inch shackle bolt for m101a3 surge brake.

bigbe5678

Hi Everyone I accidently striped one end of the 6 inch shacklebolt that holds the shackle on the m101a3 surge brake.houseing. Does anyone know where Ican buy a replacement? It’s the one of 4 on the surge brake housing that hasthe nylon bushing associated with it. Thank you Mikeaua:?:

ke5eua

Are you talking about these, if so just get some grade 8 bolts from your local lowes or home depot and call it good. As long as you retain the nylon bushings and don't over torque you'll be good.

DSCN0488.jpg

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bolt might work but it is actually a double ended stud with a nut on each end with the nylon bushings. On mine the nylon bushings were bad and I changed them out when I had to do the shock.

Croft trailer sells all the parts as it is a common civy unit- check out
http://www.crofttrailer.com/hydro-act-brake-actuator-parts/

Attached is also a parts break down.

Attachments

bigbe5678

Holy crap! $25!!!!?

I might have one, PM me this Friday.
Hi Chris Don’t worry about looking for that bolt. Iwas able to have my local mechanic re thread it. By the way that bolt costbetween 40 and 55 clams 25 for bolt and croft wants 15 bucks shipping Check it outThanks again for your concern Best Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks