• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stubborn Woodruff Key - how to remove

minimalist

I'm doing the harmonic balancer removal and hit a snag. The woodruff key in the crank is stuck and doesn't want to budge. Any tips on how to get it out without divine intervention? It's worn down in the front, is this a square key or the curved style?

minimalist

OK, went to chiseling on it and broke the outside tip off (front). Tapped the side slightly, no change. There is a high side at the back. Do I just chisel the center to split it?
I don't want to damage the crank.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hit at the back with a punch if you have a torch heat the key a little spray wd40 on it to help loosen it.
only hit on the end go back and forth to help loosen it but dont beat on it can cause damage to the shaft for the ballancer
install.

rnd-motorsports

You want to tap on the keyway from the end use a small chisel or solid screw driver sorry not a good pic but gives idea good luck never really had a real hard one they get dri burnt oil can be like crazy glue.

Attachments

minimalist

I coated it in liquid wrench so I'll give it a try tomorrow with a punch on the opposite end I broke off with the chisel.