• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stuck deuce reverse winch video

Greenday

I remember many moons ago seeing a video on here of someone winching their deuce out backwards.Anyone got a link to that video?Got a buddy that says it can't be done.

MDSA

Many moons ago there was a guy stuck in his backyard. He ran the cable around the bumper and under the Deuce to the only tree behind him. Worked fine he said. Only problem was the wear on the bumper. Said it would have to be welded.

mcmullag

I remember that video, he was stuck in mud in a backyard and he ran it over the front bumper and under the truck.
With the truck helping as it powers in reverse it should not have taken too much of a tug to pull him backwards, relatively speaking.

Bill W

The one I remember seeing was a jeep or 3/4ton and it was pretty cool how it was done with a combination of snatchblocks and double pulleys.
Infact the video was posted over on the M-37 sited ( a few years ago )

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The video was from Mangus580.

It no longer exists on the site(not does he).

KsM715

It can be done and there is a drawing and demos showing how. Let me switch to my lap top and see if I can find them

I cant find the threads that discuss it but heres a pic from one of the field manuals that show it. (fm 20-22 I think)

ps137%20rearward%20winching.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_4tI3HtgdCY

*edit*. It's not in the field manuals. But looking at that pic again it looks like it came out of one of the PM Magazines.

For anyone that owns and operates winches and likes to play in the woods I highly recommend both FM 20-22 vehicle recovery manual and FM 5-125 rigging techniques. There's a lot of stuff in those that the regular weekend warrior (4x4 mudder types) don't know

Last edited: