• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck Headlight Switch Operating Rod

ssdvc

OK, headlights are giving me an issue. Drivers side is 100%, passenger comes on 70% of the time at about 20%. Very dim. Sometimes, if a fiddle with the headlight switch, it comes up to 100%.

So, being the genius that I am, I go out and buy a new headlight switch. Heck, I even read up on how to replace it and then gave it a shot.

WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG !!!! (*%$#@ #&#^#!!!). I tried and tried to pull the operating rod out and it just won't have any of it. Yes, I depressed the little tab, used needle nose to depress the little tab, so on and so forth. I have moved that knob just about every way I can and it still won't come out.

Can someone please let me know if there is a special trick to getting this rod out of there. I am thinking a sledge hammer at this point, but I'll wait for someone smarter than me to impart better advice.

Thanks !

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What tab? There is a little spring loaded button on the switch that you have to press.

ssdvc

Button, tab, whatever. I pressed the crap out of it and no joy !!! Switch still functions. What am I doing wrong?

cucvrus

The dim headlamp on one side could be as simple as a bad ground at the radiator/core support or in the headlamp socket itself. I am not sure what tab you are messing with. You know what I mean?

ssdvc

LOL ! Saw that video long before I even bought the switch. **** thing is jammed or something, as pushing on that button does nothing.

Rick, I checked the bulb socket, disassembled and cleaned it. Checked the ground, nothing out of whack there either.

dependable

It seems to release better if you finesse it some, pressing the button when switch in normal open position, not yanking hard. If something is jammed, you can cut the knob off. It is the same for of years of chevy vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks