• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stuck in fifth gear

jemfca

I took the ole girl to work (about 20 miles) the other day and as i slowed to exit the interstate i couold not down shift out of 5th gear. i coasted to a stop on the shoulder and after much finagling i was able to get out of 5th. i had to put the t-case in neutral and cycle the clutch several times. She shifts fine into 4th and fith hjust refuses to come out of 5th. i have pulled the top cover and cant see any obdvious problems. 4th 5th sincro looks fine. the only damage i could locate was a couple teeth looked rough on 1st/ reverse. i also checked servicing and she was just shy of the fill hole. i drained and reserviced it any ways. the fluid i took out looked fine. any ideas? im leaning toward a 4/5 sincro. any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks guys.

Last edited:

jemfca

i have checked the forks. i will have to double check that as soon as i get back in town. It is possible i fudged it up when i put the top cover back on. i would think if a shift for was out of position i wouldn't be able to even get in gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks