• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck in ice ruts

rizzo

King and I braved the cold and finished the long trail through the woods and to the secret mudpit (not on the map). it is the long looping red line that goes to the south.
We busted through some ice and had to get a little muddy in a couple spots. Got stuck once. and neither 6x6 would start and I couldn't get a hold of anyone on the phone so Vince came and saved the day. :applause:
It wasn't that cold in the woods (out of the wind). We had a good time in between the work.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Nice Rizz! Looks like fun, but this weather is danger, danger stuff.. Gosh darn its freeking cold aint it?? Looks like a good place to have a future MV get together.. hint , hint,,. I am really suprized you dont have a winch on the CUCV?? Or some chains? You have anymore pictures? Keep em coming that is cool.. But, you guys are nuts !!!

rizzo

SS- when ever you want. just call ahead.

Jkelly- "Mudking" is my friend that helps out all the time. Nick name. Ike(my dog) was also helping out as usual/

Chris- I will next time we go to play/work.

Lane- we built a fire in the tent and waited for vince to come and yank us out. The winch was at home in the back of my suburban. Didn't think I needed it with the 6x6's there. I got stuck cause the truck was on tor of the ice then broke through. The tires had ice "wheel chocks" front and back. I have some more pics. after we got the truck unstuck we jumped the deuce and got it running with a little starter fluid. Either injecter isn't working.

rizzo

pics

Ice pushed the inner fender forward, I used a fence post and bent it back.

Didn't get stuck here

Attachments

citizensoldier

that is so cool Rizzo remids me of a couple trips with my 87 Chevy pulling a 1 ton ben hur trailer after fire wood! Had to winch it out from another truck.. Fun stuff.. That CUCV needs a big old winch on the front .Nice looking bugger though.. I would take it. Is it one of those 1028 trucks with the front posi? Need to get CC out there with his lifted beast and get him stuck.. Post picture when you do..heheheheheh

rizzo

citizensoldier said:
that is so cool Rizzo remids me of a couple trips with my 87 Chevy pulling a 1 ton ben hur trailer after fire wood! Had to winch it out from another truck.. Fun stuff.. That CUCV needs a big old winch on the front .Nice looking bugger though.. I would take it. Is it one of those 1028 trucks with the front posi? Need to get CC out there with his lifted beast and get him stuck.. Post picture when you do..heheheheheh
I have a 12k milemarker. i need to figure how to hook it up.

the truck is a 1008. no locker. I want one though.

I'm gonna call cc next time and get him up here.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's some mondo mud, buddy! How deep did the mud go before hard ground was reached? I bet a deuce would have a hard time in that muck...

rizzo

maddawg308 said:
That's some mondo mud, buddy! How deep did the mud go before hard ground was reached? I bet a deuce would have a hard time in that muck...
my deuce with 46's walks through it. I think that is part of the problem cause the pickup has 35's

plus the middle is frozen and can hold up the pig.