• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck rear hatch on a slant back

Westo

I've had my truck for a couple weeks and have been opening and closing the rear hatch without any issues aside from it not having the gas springs in. Today I closed it normally, and when I tried to open it again I get no movement. I've looked at the mechanism from the inside, and the movement from the handle to the rods looks normal but neither latch has any movement. I can't tell exactly where the issue is with it or if I'm just missing something.

Autonomy_Lost

For one, get gas springs on there asap. I had a rear hatch collapse on my head and it almost killed me.

As for the latch issue, tough to diagnose based on your description. Pictures may help.

Westo

Thanks for the advice, some gas spring parts just came in today. The rods are attached to the latches still, here are some pictures of the center mechanism and the latch. The first pictures are at rest, the second is with the handle pulled as far as it goes.
IMG_20230527_114419.jpgIMG_20230527_114421.jpg
IMG_20230527_114400.jpgIMG_20230527_114402.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks