• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stuck solenoid, yet again...

MarcusOReallyus

Disclaimer.... Electrical is Voodoo to me:carnac:, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Not this time! :D

Maybe you have a bad dog head relay? Aren't these things from lawnmowers? And aren't lawnmowers 6 volt? Maybe it's the wrong voltage relay?
Lawnmowers, like the relay spec'd by doghead, are 12v these days. That relay will handle the 24v all day and all night. It's carrying far less current (about 10 amps) than it's rated for (200 amps).

That doesn't mean one cannot go bad, but it won't be due to improper voltage. That relay is massive overkill, by intent.

TexAndy

Update: It was the solenoid. Dropped starter, replaced solenoid, put starter back on truck. All better now. Started and stopped it 6 times, no problem.

Replaced it with a solenoid from *I think* Texas Industrial Electric out of san antonio. Orange rubber boot on it. I say I think, because I bought it ages ago. 95% sure it was from them.

Barrman

That is the same place Andy. I just couldn't remember the name and have no paper work hear in my class.

Glad you got it working.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks