• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck up dump news update

pa.rich

I had time this morning to experiment with the hydraulic control valve adjustment, and I adjusted it all the way either direction and inbetween. The way it was originally was the best adjustment. So I thought I would disconnect the piston ends completely from the raised body. With props in and extra prop for safety. Well, those pistons wouldnt do anymore than before. They just bind up halfway . And thats with them just laying there and nothing on the ends.Now there is a rebuilt pump and pto on hhere and new hydraulic fluid, hoses and I gotta think the pistons with the slight bend, one is about 1/2" looks like and I think it has to be the pistons.Any input on this brothers?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like it's time to take them apart and put them under a big press. A good press operator may get them straight again.

beaubeau

Parich, I believe those bent Shafts will be UR problem. I have rebuilt pistons in the past that were bent. It doesn't take much for them to bind. Good luck with UR project, Phil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks