• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stud length on Rear axles

rossbart

In see this post is a little old but maybe a good place to get a quick answer to a simple question regarding 5 ton wheel / tire upgrades. I just bought some 14.00r20's already mounted on 10 hole wheels. I was lead to believe that these would just bolt up to the M817 Marine Corp dump truck I have. But, I'm confused on the difference between Hemtt and/or "combat" wheels versus 5 ton wheels, stud length, budds, thimbles and a few other terms on which I'm clueless.

Here are links that show pictures of the tire/wheel combos I bought:

2530 - Vehicular Brake, Steering, Axle, Wheel & Tract Components at Government Liquidation
2530 - Vehicular Brake, Steering, Axle, Wheel & Tract Components at Government Liquidation

Are these Hemtt or regular 5 ton wheels. I think (from comparing to some pictures on this post) that they are 5 ton but need confirmation. If so, will they bolt right on with the existing studs and lugnuts? Would I just reverse them from a backspacing standpoint to get them spaced correctly front versus backs? I was lead to believe that was the process when I bought them but this thread has me all confused and scared now.

Experts - please set me straight...

Thanks,
Ross

KsM715

Those should, (I may be wrong) bolt right up.

The HEMMT rims that have issues with the stud length look like these in the pic. The center section in these are 1/2" thick.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks