• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Studs and nuts

sermis

I need a source for the studs and nuts for the 5 ton bolt together rims. Without going through the mud and looking at the rims I am not sure how many I need or what size they are. I m thinking there are at least two different sizes. I have both the 10 and 20 bolt rims. Also in need of HEMMT studs and nuts for the rims.

Cdub

For the ten bolt combat five ton rims, there are two different size studs.

5/8" for the A1's and 3/4" for the A2's

C'dub

dma251

I searched fruitlessly for some time to find the correct 3/4" stiuds for my hemtt wheels... It's not easy...
I ended up ordering a bag of 32 of them for $4 each.... Yup. $4 each from Oshkosh.

I took an example to both the major fastener companies in the area, and also to a major truck dealer. No dice...

The closest I got was a wheel stud that might have worked if I ground flat sides on the rear flange, but by the time I did that it would have cost me the same as just spending $4 edach for the right ones.

Sorry I don't have any better news. Giood luck.

jwaller

I know SECO has the correct studs and nuts for all sizes of these wheels. I had to buy a few to repair some of mine. they aren't cheap or even close to cheap but if you want the right stuff they have it. I think they were about $20 each.

dma251

Re: RE: Studs and nuts

jwaller said:
I know SECO has the correct studs and nuts for all sizes of these wheels. I had to buy a few to repair some of mine. they aren't cheap or even close to cheap but if you want the right stuff they have it. I think they were about $20 each.
$20 each!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: aua

Let's see.... If I needed 16 for a hemtt wheel that's $320, plus $15 for the o-ring, and $21 for the valve stem.... That's $356 per wheel...

9 wheels - $3204.... That's for nuts and studs... Not even the wheels... Just nuts and studs.

Someone's getting rich on this, but it's not the us. Get them from Oshkosh. I can get you the part number if you want it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks