• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stumble on hard accel

msoumas

I finally got my air in fuel problems sorted out in my M1009 (at least I think so, it started up without a hassle this morning anyway), and then tonight I went to pull on the highway and put the pedal to the floor, to find ANOTHER developing problem. I got a very unhealthy feeling stumble on the acceleration, before it went. Under normal driving conditions it doesn't feel any different than usual, and it didn't do anything like that unless I literally was all the way down on the pedal. I've never had a problem taking off that hard before. Could this be the dreaded injection pump?

msoumas

Called around today and two injection shops, plus two general diesel mechanics, all seem to favor the pump as the problem. So my next question is... anyone got a good IP they want to sell for short change? :cry:

appalacious

I'm not saying its not the pump, but wouldn't you expect a shop to say that its the most expensive possibility?

I hope its not, for your sake.
do you get any smoke when it does this?

J

Why not try the simple fix first, and run some kerosene with your diesel for awhile and see if the injectors clean up? It'll likely plug a filter or two while loosening all the gunk settled in your tank also. I've read this, haven't tried it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks