• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stupid question time: How to post to classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the rule you agreed to today, when you signed up.

• Do not post items For Sale or items Wanted in the forums. That is what the Classified Ads section is for. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad. The link may be found at the top of the site in the menu bar. Moderators may delete your For Sale or Wanted postings without notice.

Please let me know which words you need help understanding.

Last edited:

jterry usaf

I'm new to ss, i just dont understand the Big Problem with people Joining to Post Adds. All that is doing is allowing someone to sell something that some other member might need to finish a project. From what i understand you are trying to stop the abuse. In one of the post it mentioned the automatic repost and the person that posted could not be reached. Simple answer, do away with auto post. Make the poster Post it Manualy. Maybe a 3 srikes you are out polcicy. From what ive read members that have been w/SS a long time are being penalized for having other things to do other than sitting on a computer posting. There has to be a better solution. My 2 cents. John

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
John, This is the SECOND thread that you are bitching about the same thing, did you READ the site RULES, did you check off that you read them, did anyone force you to join, so what is the bitch, the classifieds are FOR contributing members, NOT to join just to sell, if that is why you joined go to ebay, cl, ect

THIS sounds like "NVRESCUE" all over again

Last edited:

KsM715

:roll::deadhorse: No matter how much you try to get people to see it your way or try to explain how you think would be better, it's not going to change. It's a site rule, leave it at that. Abide by it or get punished for breaking it.

This discussion has been going on for quite awhile and it has been made clear, very clear that it will not change till the site is updated. Starting threads to complain or continuing threads about it will do nothing. If you have an idea, there is a thread about site improvements, search it out and make your idea known there. Just give your idea, do not complain about the current rule.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ss-mai...72-suggestions-wanted-your-input-welcome.html

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It continually amazes me that people claim ignorance to the 100 post rule yet also claim that they participate in the forum but do not post. If you spent any time at all on this site, you would have seen the many threads discussing this rule in extreme detail. Get with the program folks. :deadhorse:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm new to ss, i just dont understand the Big Problem with people Joining to Post Adds. All that is doing is allowing someone to sell something that some other member might need to finish a project. From what i understand you are trying to stop the abuse. In one of the post it mentioned the automatic repost and the person that posted could not be reached. Simple answer, do away with auto post. Make the poster Post it Manualy. Maybe a 3 srikes you are out polcicy. From what ive read members that have been w/SS a long time are being penalized for having other things to do other than sitting on a computer posting. There has to be a better solution. My 2 cents. John
Feel free to start your own site and run it any way you want to . But in the mean time quit complaining about the rules you AGREED TO when you signed up 4 days ago . If you don't like the rules no one is forcing you to log on .

bobberdown

thanks, I will just find another route, I dont want to clutter the website with Bull $%(t postings just to get a darn brake handle for an M101A2 trailer. I will seek other places.

zout

just standing by patiently for the next new member to ask WHY rofl

aua :deadhorse: how else can you state: Kill a Dead Horse - at least I cook my pigs live.
Headed back to the dictionary to look up new spelling for NO.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
just standing by patiently for the next new member to ask WHY rofl

aua :deadhorse: how else can you state: Kill a Dead Horse - at least I cook my pigs live.
Headed back to the dictionary to look up new spelling for NO.
Of course you cook pigs alive!!
Who the heck wants to eat an ole dead pig?? EEWWWWW!!!!!!!

eagle4g63

Over and over again and again, Same BS. READ the Rules.....check, AGREE to the Rules.....check.

Don't you get the rules?!?!

Personally I think the mods should just wipe out anyone's post that says: "I can't figure out how to post in classified section" and then continues to bitch about it and list what they need or want to sell in a thread anyway.

Sit back, talk to some people(might learn a few things....GASP) and when the time is right post away in the classifieds! Great guys here and I enjoy reading everything I can, and yes occasionally get a word in when I think I have something interesting or helpful to say not just to bump my post numbers!!

P.S. I wouldn't buy something from a person who just joined and then listed something.....I'd want to know they have been here a while and might have gotten to know some people and I can feel good that they might be an OK person.

Last edited:

jimmyzwei

new here, was using the search function to discover why a lot of the adds seem to be run on adds and try to figure out if there is an actual date when it was originally posted, will go back to my search again soon.

a lot of the responses here are similar to the resent post on "my CO told me to use a drip pan and wheel chock" I get it the rules are the rules and those in charge make the rules.

I have also noticed that some states appear to be more registration freindly to MV, but now I'm hyjacking the thread.

Thanks for an enjoyable read.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
new here, was using the search function to discover why a lot of the adds seem to be run on adds and try to figure out if there is an actual date when it was originally posted, will go back to my search again soon.

a lot of the responses here are similar to the resent post on "my CO told me to use a drip pan and wheel chock" I get it the rules are the rules and those in charge make the rules.

I have also noticed that some states appear to be more registration freindly to MV, but now I'm hyjacking the thread.

Thanks for an enjoyable read.
That is one of that major problems with the classiffied ads . Members don't maintain their ads and when they posted they checked the auto renew box . You can click on the members name and it will take you to their profile if they have less than 100 posts it's a old ad ( at least 8 months ) it will also show when they last logged on . At some point in the future some of these issues should get addressed if the site upgrades ever happen.

HASSON1911

okay so ive been able to post new threads that are legitimate questions and now for some reason a moderator has to approve everything what is with this. ive never had to do it before?

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a Bit^h or a whine ( I am good at that though ) Some of us joined and have been around a while but do not post much. I have more to learn than teach. I am more than willing to help anyone in anyway I can but as I said most know more than me here. I joined and placed two adds one looking to buy and one offering some free stuff then the rules changed on me and I now cannot post another add. I followed the rules ( did make mistakes ) but the rules changed.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a Bit^h or a whine ( I am good at that though ) Some of us joined and have been around a while but do not post much. I have more to learn than teach. I am more than willing to help anyone in anyway I can but as I said most know more than me here. I joined and placed two adds one looking to buy and one offering some free stuff then the rules changed on me and I now cannot post another add. I followed the rules ( did make mistakes ) but the rules changed.
You should be able to post now if you still can't contact one of the moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks