• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suburban seat swap

HelluvaEngineer

Found some 60/40 seats locally from a Suburban. '01 I think. The owner says he thinks it's the middle seat. Will these swap to the front of an m1009? I don't mind making brackets if necessary.

Rotated the picture...

00Q0Q_f57fGL6LOI_1200x900.jpg

cucvrus

By the title of the thread I thought you were referring to the old school Suburban seats install. 20 years ago. I had 3rd row seating complete with safety belts in my M1009. I used the 3rd row seat and mounted it to the floor behind the second seat and used the brackets and anchor points for the seat and belts. Never drilled another hole in the floor. Spare tire storage was on the roof rack. I still have the M1009 sitting wrecked in the field. the 3rd row seat is still at my barn under the fore bay. Very comfy spot to sit and wrap wires, make/repair harnesses , wheel sanding and do light fabricating. It was a blue vinyl seat and has held up well. Good luck with the install. If you use flat bar and elevator bolts the world is easy and easier on the vehicle. Sanding and painting are also key to make a good job look better.

Ilikemtb999

I don't think I'd use a second or third row seat in the front, generally they have less adjustability and aren't nearly as comfortable. Like posted above, a bench seat from a newer truck would be a better option though you're going to lose accessibility to the rear seats if you have them because they either came in a truck with no back seat or they had rear doors for access. I have Subaru Forester seats in mine. Just took some rectangle tubing and some cutting/welding.

Ordak

I used MRAP seats in my Blazer although they were pricey but they are way more comfortable than the original seats (not to mention I can adjust the back). It is a little difficult getting into the back seat but they hardly get used. Another thing is I should of made a better bracket to mount them instead of drilling holes but I am putting in a new floor next year so not a huge deal. I would look into bucket seats if you plan on accessing the back more than 1-2 times a year. I do like OGMurph's way of integrating Silverado seats into his m1009.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks