• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Success! A Thank You Thread

Bravo2Uniform

I was headed back home with some piglets a few months ago when my M1028 suddenly stopped running. I was able to get it restarted by jumping power from the glow plug relay to the fuel pump. I drove about 2.5 hours home with this arrangement.

For a long while I had a no start - almost as if no batteries were installed. I finally found a burnt wire and was then able to get it to turn over but still no start. The burnt wire was the cause of the initial break down.

Eventually I tested my way through to the resistors - I believe the 2.5 hours of current draw caused them to burn out. I replaced them and she started right up like a new one.

Thanks to all of you who contributed to the many threads I've posted about this issue. I really appreciate the diverse knowledge base here and the willingness to help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks