• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Successful Recovery of M923 at Fort Hood, TX

ke5eua

Yesterday I recovered a M923 out of Fort Hood, TX for a friend of fuzzytoaster. Drove it do him and she ran great. Shifted perfectly. Was a nice 100 mile trip. The last 30 miles the two oldest kids road with me.

IMG_0901.jpg
IMG_0898.jpg
IMG_0899.jpg
IMG_0897.jpg
IMG_0896.jpg

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on another successful recovery. That truck looks new, I'll bet it's going to make the new owner very happy.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
-and you didn't get it stuck..... seriously, nice recovery, blue skies, clean truck and having fun w/ the kids.

ke5eua

I love it when a plan comes together.
It was actually a spur of the moment thing. I was already heading to Hood yesterday so I gave him a call to see if it could be picked up. He got back with me minutes before going on post saying it was good to go.

Glad you were able to get it. Helps when murphy is on holiday and the truck runs already. :p
I think not having a plan tricked murphy.

Forgot to mention, you through me for a loop when you said south fort hood. I went through the main gate and started heading down motor pool ave and it dawned on me clark is the entrance opposite to west fort hood, ie shipping entrance.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was actually a spur of the moment thing. I was already heading to Hood yesterday so I gave him a call to see if it could be picked up. He got back with me minutes before going on post saying it was good to go.

I think not having a plan tricked murphy.

Forgot to mention, you through me for a loop when you said south fort hood. I went through the main gate and started heading down motor pool ave and it dawned on me clark is the entrance opposite to west fort hood, ie shipping entrance.
Yeah it's all a mess with that. At least you didn't end up at the airfield! :razz:

Keith_J

100 miles, did the engine even get to operating temperature? rofl
Yes, I know you have done cross country recoveries. Glad to see you are back in the saddle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks