• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sudden change in shifting

STRAGLER

Hello all,
I am trying to diagnose a recent problem with my M1008. Pulling my landscape trailer home the other day, while pulling a pretty good grade, it was creeping along as always. Then it kicked down and took off. I was like happy at first cause this was the first burst of power I had, so I thought something just opened up on it. As the road leveled, and then on the decent, it would wind out in secong b4 changing. Everytime I applied the throttle it would constantly kick down. The only way to get it to change was to floor it. when I reached about 50mph. it would finally change. I let off the throttle and it would shift back down to second. I love the power it has on take off (1st) but rpms has to run high for it to change up in gears.
I have read all yesterday and part of this morn about vacuum. I have changed transmission fluid/filter, modulator valve, and all lines, except for steel line running from modulator valve to IP. I have also read about doing the appropriate checks for vacuum at IP, vacuum pump, modulator valve etc. Planning to get a vacuum gauge today to check these items.
My closest auto parts is about 45 min away, so I would like to ask if there is anything in the symtoms I discribed that I also need to look into? Thx for any help!

jeeplvr247

When I had my CUCV my shifting started to act up too. All I did was rotate the IP back towards the fire wall and presto! the problem went away. Hopefully your issue can be solved that easily, if not check all the lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks