• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suggestion : A shop/tools section?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of us are used to working on our own stuff, but not all of us are wise in the ways of tools, shop equipment, tips/tricks, etc.

Maintenance is a huge part of the hobby, heh, and I think a section where we can talk about what tools we use, or answer questions that others have about the best tools they use, would come in handy.

From jacks, to power brake bleeders, to specialty tools required for certain jobs.... a section just for tools and shop equipment would be great, IMO.

INFChief

I’ve noticed that the FMTV manuals has a Appendix with plans / instructions on how to fabricate certain tools. I haven’t explored the complete TM series though. While I was AD there were several vehicle/equipment TM’s that had instructions for fabricating certain parts from bulk material; hoses, electrical wiring, replacement cable ends, and so on.

I was a Bradley Fighting Vehicle instructor and traveled to AD & NG units throughoutAmerica training operators & mechanics on everything from the ground up; hull & turret, all weapons, and comm’s.

We had gotten breakout schematics from various companies who collaborated on the M2/M3 manufacturing such as RCA, Hughes, etc.

If any of you ever had the pleasure of using the M1/FVS STE equipped you know full well that it was a PITA to drag out the STE & all necessary cables, CA’s, CX’s, and test adapters to troubleshoot or run routine diagnostics (health checks).

Using a multi-meter (volt/ohms meter) or a simple test light was becoming a lost art.

I was pleasantly surprised when the FMTV manuals required use of a multi-meter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks