• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suggestions for intra cab comms?

ScubaCat

Looking for something that will have headsets with mics connect to a central hub with other headsets and let's others plug in their own devices to listen to or listen to radio etc while still letting your voice break the squelch and transmit as a priority signal.

There are some motorcycle systems that are pretty close to this but not as heavy duty and headsets are not set up as needed.

Any suggestions?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at aviation headsets/intercoms, too. I have a 4-place intercom (Flightcom, I believe) that is powered by a 9-volt battery. It has plugs for radios (aircraft and music type), and one for a cell phone. I have it for flying, but found it works great in the trucks too, when I have a passenger to talk to.

Cheers

MtnSnow

Hit the big E site and search for "Wireless Fan Link Racing Intercom System Headset Headphone Scanner NASCAR" This will allow for in cab as well as vehicle to vehicle

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have a walkie talkie app on my phone and whoever I ride with as well. I use just bestbuy sony headseats that are Bluetooth. Great headphones, can't hear the truck at 2k rpms while driving. So I have my music on. If I want to talk to the person next to me. The app is open and I hit the play button my headset and I can talk to them. It will stop their music as well and continue to play when I hit the stop button to end the comm. I don't usually like to talk when I drive, I try to enjoy it and some people talk to much and ask too many questions!:driver:

ScubaCat

I have a walkie talkie app on my phone and whoever I ride with as well. I use just bestbuy sony headseats that are Bluetooth. Great headphones, can't hear the truck at 2k rpms while driving. So I have my music on. If I want to talk to the person next to me. The app is open and I hit the play button my headset and I can talk to them. It will stop their music as well and continue to play when I hit the stop button to end the comm. I don't usually like to talk when I drive, I try to enjoy it and some people talk to much and ask too many questions!:driver:
Same here, but the wife and kid sometimes insist on ruining a nice drive and talking. I deally, something will let me interface my GPS, Galaxy tablet, stereo, scanner, and intercom. Is that to much to ask? :mrgreen:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Duct tape works wonders and even can be used as seat restraints! U can always remind them that troop seats in the back are for side seat drivng and soldiers that talk to much lol

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk