• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Summer 818 w/w pics

DOCUSN1

Hello to all its been quite a while I hope all is well, here is some pics for ya guys to chew at. Later Doc. :beer:

Attachments

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doc did you get it in that shape or have you been giving it a lot of love? Sure looks awesome, thanks for posting!

I like the idea of an electric fence around the truck to keep the cattle away!

Rick

Makincold

Doc did you get it in that shape or have you been giving it a lot of love? Sure looks awesome, thanks for posting!

I like the idea of an electric fence around the truck to keep the cattle away!

Rick
:ditto:

Oh yea... gota keep the cattle away.... A cow can tear up a rock... God knows what they would do with a M818...

DOCUSN1

Thanx for the positive comments gent's, no she was not that nice when I got her. I have slowly fixed her up. Doghead saw what the old girl looked like when I won her she was not terrible but just needed some TLC. The truck is a solid runner I have checked her out good from the front to the back good mix of newer titan rubber, I will be adding 2 brand new titan steers soon to the front. Still want buy winter boot covers for the levers, shifters and pbrake. It has heater I installed block heater I really do not run her in the winter but always have it ready in case someone has trouble while traveling through the region with a MV. The only other thing I would like to do is add quarter mud flaps and new interconnect trailer airlines. The only other cream to the pie would be a hard top but they tend to cost to much. Thanx guys Doc. :deadhorse:

NickAir

Nice 818.

I would be interested in the lever boots for my 818. Where can I get them.

Also, what block heater did you use?

DOCUSN1

Hi Nick the block heater is one that uses heater hose to connect in and out to the engine. My heater for the truck is on the drivers side and the block heater is mounted left side front. As far as the boots goes John Tennis makes some for the M35 series here is the web site address M35/54 Winterization Shift Boots they look really nice I like them.:beer: Another project if I keep this truck is to add a air dryer and build my 24v - 12v relays for trailer connections and other ammenites.

NickAir

Thanks for the shift boot link. I was thinking your engine heater was a block heater, but I will look into the heater hose type. Do you have any links to the heater hose heater?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DOCUSN1;899385 As far as the boots goes John Tennis makes some for the M35 series here is the web site address [URL="http://www.jatonkam35s.com/m35shiftboots.htm" said:
M35/54 Winterization Shift Boots[/URL] they look really nice I like them.

Couple of pics of John's work installed on my 818.

Attachments