• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sunday Part Hunt - M1009 Tailgate Lock

McCluskey

My new tailgate lock is FUBAR, I have to drill out the old one from the crank assembly, and try to find a new one. Cept I can't get ahold of anyone with one in stock today. Napa may be able to get me one in a few days, and the place I got this lock from is closed till Tuesday. I have no guarantee ill get a refund either.

My old lock is long since lost, does anyone have any ideas where I can find one today?

Grega

Classic parts of America or LMC would be your best bet. I would doubt if NAPA or simular part stores would carry this. I also think that you have to pull the whole crank assembly out in order to change the lock. And its quite a job to get the cam, clutch, and lock assembly together. After hours of trying to figure it out, I finally took the pieces to the local body shop. It was a few years since they did one, but they finally got it together. This was a couple years ago so so my memory is getting vauge about how it went together. You might do a search on this site, maybe something will pop up.

McCluskey

I've already changed the lock to a unique set, that is the lock that broke. A local NAPA said they are able to order one, but I'm hoping to find one today. I've pulled my tailgate apart about 4 times already, except this time I had to open it from the inside, while it was closed and managed to get the window down enough to open it up.

My crank is fine, I just need a new lock cylinder.