• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super Cool Ambulance

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This just closed today on an auction site today. Sold for $1332 +fees. I listed it with the CUCV because that is the closest category. Bob H has the Dodge version. Enough babble, here are the pics. Sorry, none of the back.

PS, If I had the money I would have bid on this in a second.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, the cab a/c is super useful too. The other thing is the pass through. The M1010 passthrough door requres you to be on hands and knees to pass through. This design (M886) has the tall cab roof and a taller pass through door.

pad_cdr

I had the same ambulance body on my J20 Air Force jeep ambulance -- it is handy -- watch out for leaks where the curved cab roof meets the flat body roof.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can;t tell from the pic, is that still the 6.2 diesel? If this wasn't an M1010, what model would it fall under; rather, what was it sold as?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Are these Dana60, 70 or 14bolt rears?

2deuce

I saw this while looking for camper ideas for my s250 shelter. Do you think this navy model has a friendlier highway speed than the M1028 or M1010? Are the M1010 ambulances geared with the 4.56?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw this while looking for camper ideas for my s250 shelter. Do you think this navy model has a friendlier highway speed than the M1028 or M1010? Are the M1010 ambulances geared with the 4.56?
I would think it does. Even if it has the 4.56 gears, the gas engine can twist up a little tighter. As far as the M1010, yes it has the 4.56 gears. I plan on a 700R4 install in mine so that I can cruise with traffic.

2deuce

In the M1010 is there a door between the front and back that you can lock? That would make the rear more secure when your away. I like the extra room the ambulance body provides over the s-250 shelter. I just don't want to lose any offroad capability. The ambulance looks heavier but then my shelter isn't all that light either. No locker in the front diff in the M1010 is there?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the M1010 is there a door between the front and back that you can lock? That would make the rear more secure when your away. I like the extra room the ambulance body provides over the s-250 shelter. I just don't want to lose any offroad capability. The ambulance looks heavier but then my shelter isn't all that light either. No locker in the front diff in the M1010 is there?
Yes, you can lock the pass through door.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks