• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super early HMMWV on govplanet?

M1165A1

If I read it right this is s/n 5515. That's an early truck. And it looks it. But if you want retro restore, here's your chance.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yes it even has RT2s on it. There was a field of them at a surplus place off of RRAD with 3 to 4 digital numbers with hillbilly armor etc for years.

Atleast that one isn't a diff less.

DocBreckon

If I read it right this is s/n 5515. That's an early truck. And it looks it. But if you want retro restore, here's your chance.

Thats cool. I own HMMWV #2610 Built 4 months after the initial delivery of the 1st HMMWV's...

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had S/N 24 turtleback in my shop back in the early 80's.

It came from the Kenosha Military Museum, and was in bad shape. Missing parts, all crossmembers cracked, at least it had a clear title. Infested with rat nests.

Took 11 months to source things, clean it up, and get it roadworthy.

Several visits from CID and the FBI about it, and lots of offers to buy it as there weren't just any available.

The key at the time was the first 24 were test trucks, and never sold to Uncle Sam, they couldn't have it back.

DG

It came from the Kenosha Military Museum, and was in bad shape. Missing parts, all crossmembers cracked, at least it had a clear title. Infested with rat nests.

Several visits from CID and the FBI about it, and lots of offers to buy it as there weren't just any available.

The key at the time was the first 24 were test trucks, and never sold to Uncle Sam, they couldn't have it back.

DG
So why the visits from the alphabet soup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Action

DG
I guess it would take a long time to get parts in the early '80s. They came out in 1985.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were very proud of their parts, $ wise. I had to buy from an exporter, as AMG wouldn't sell anything to me.

S/N 000024 was hatched in '83, according to AMG. It was a test truck, not from gov't surplus.

They were NOT happy the the museum parted with it. BTW, It was not mine, I just got it working for the owner.

Never saw the attraction in one.

DG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks