• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super single question

txfireman

My fire dept has an m818 for a fire truck. We are still running the 11.00 20 military duals. They are thorn magnets and hard to fix during a fire. We are wanting to Chang over to a better tire. I've noticed people putting singles on front and just running the outside duals on back. Is that strong? We have 1000 gal of water on the back. 8000lbs. Will running only the outside duals be strong enough?

R Racing

I have seen alot of M816s singled out and the truck without any load is 36000 LBS. So yes it can be done safely. As Gimpy stated you need to check tire load of the tire you are looking at.

goldneagle

wouldn't 16r20's on hemtt wheels with the hubs slipped be fine or even 395's or 15.5's?

More ground clearance and much better than the original tires.
I think 16r20's are too large and you would loose a lot of power (ask timntrucks) 14r20's are a little smaller but will give a little better power all around. I had them on my M820A2 and they were great!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You guys are hung up on him saying super singles, it sounds like he just wants to single it out(stock tires).

M1075

I have complete sets of super single tires and wheels for 5 tons mounted up and ready to go. Some are 14 ply and some are 18 ply.