• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

super single rims

roklogan

i have a better way the old style stock deuce rims that are studed not welded can be modified with about an hour per wheel ya need a torch a welder ear plugs grinder and air hammer 200 plus per wheel vs an hour per wheel hmmmmm...........so many bobber projects stop at the wheels because of the cost of the wheels

roklogan

i have modified a set for my truck shure as God made the earth spin when i get a set of 395 's to put on them they will spin on my truck if anyone wants to know the steps to take to modify your rims im me and i will get back asap.............

shannondeese

Yep they are expensive but man they look good. An upcoming alternative might be the 7 ton LMTV wheels from the Marine Corps. They are thicker and heavier with larger bolts that hold the two halves together. I already have 5 of them and man are they massive. Anyway my understanding is that there is a glutton of these out there right now. The new tires are coming mounted already so the motor pools are just DRMO'ing the old wheel and tire sets. I got mine with brand new good year 53" recaps. Which they can't run on the trucks for some reason.

kennys@wi.rr.com

i have modified a set for my truck shure as God made the earth spin when i get a set of 395 's to put on them they will spin on my truck if anyone wants to know the steps to take to modify your rims im me and i will get back asap.............
I think a new thread is in order from you. Complete with lots of pictures.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Jr, you are missing what the different wheels do. It has been covered here many times. Feel free to read the site to see what has been done. What you are doing is cross-posting and it is frowned upon here.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Cross posting is posting the same thing in multiple threads. I would love to see your mods to the stock rims, but I doubt it is new. There are many people here that are great fabricators. I am not great, so I bought my rims.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks