• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super Single?

emr

Lax- That is two words!!!! I have put them to the test and I believe they outperform the NDCC duallies by just about every way imagineable.

Wallew- Nothing new in my post. A search will reveal it has all been posted here before. You want to flip the rears to widen the track. Even then, your track will be a lot more narrow than your bed. See the green truck pic in this post. You definitely wouldn't want it any narrower than that.
Just an fyi, although I love my 1400s on my 925, I have had the recent chance to run 2 813,s in deep woods and swampy slimy mud, for a few hours and the same trails exactly, I have been wheeling as long as I have been behind the wheel, Not saying anything but my experience, the wider tires are not good mud tires. the narrow tires out perform all wider tires. The 1100 NDT duels out performed the 1400s on the 813 to 813 test, in slimy mud and deep woods, Snow will have the same outcome. although as awesome as they are, the wider the tire the more U will float and push walls of mud and snow when the narrower tire will slice right thru, For those who experienced Aberdeen in the Mud a few years ago, the jeeps and m37s and the deuces all were the only things slicing that slimy awesome mud with NDTS the Hummvs were done with those wide tires and side by side next to a unimog with wide tires My deuce outferformed that too. these are facts. every tire has gives and takes, pretty much all the tires we use will have an outcome of these tires are awesome!!! But that also has alot to do with the vehicles being what they are, and the driver means alot too. so That is why my 813 test is so vald, it was a same truck same driver same conbditons/trails evaluation, Something I learned along time ago mud bogging Jeeps in comps , was reafirmed here.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Just an fyi, although I love my 1400s on my 925, I have had the recent chance to run 2 813,s in deep woods and swampy slimy mud, for a few hours and the same trails exactly, I have been wheeling as long as I have been behind the wheel, Not saying anything but my experience, the wider tires are not good mud tires. the narrow tires out perform all wider tires. The 1100 NDT duels out performed the 1400s on the 813 to 813 test, in slimy mud and deep woods, Snow will have the same outcome. although as awesome as they are, the wider the tire the more U will float and push walls of mud and snow when the narrower tire will slice right thru, For those who experienced Aberdeen in the Mud a few years ago, the jeeps and m37s and the deuces all were the only things slicing that slimy awesome mud with NDTS the Hummvs were done with those wide tires and side by side next to a unimog with wide tires My deuce outferformed that too. these are facts. every tire has gives and takes, pretty much all the tires we use will have an outcome of these tires are awesome!!! But that also has alot to do with the vehicles being what they are, and the driver means alot too. so That is why my 813 test is so vald, it was a same truck same driver same conbditons/trails evaluation, Something I learned along time ago mud bogging Jeeps in comps , was reafirmed here.
Once those dual wheels clog with mug ,however, they become one big muddy mess with no traction whatsoever...

Barrman

The 12.50-20 tires ar the ones at 40" or so. They really don't have more than a 5% effect on road speed. The 11.00-20 tires are 42" tall, what this series of truck, M34, started out with and add 10% to road speed. You can find either size for about the same price if you look hard enough. It all boils down to what you want and what you can find.

I did the 11.00 XL swap a few months ago and am very glad I did it. Drives so much better, same road speed with less rpm and the fender wells look full from the side. Looks like a rr turck from the rear however and that is after I flipped the hubs. Once I get the M34 rims on, it might look better.

Bronco4x4

i just put 395's on my stock wheels and did not see any reason to flip the hubs, i mounted them just as they came off only singles in the rear and have had no problems at all. in the front they will rub the shock mounts a little but only at full turn. compared to the stock 9.00's is a night and day difference on and off road. not only am i getting better top speed on road, the traction offroad is great to. i have ran my deuce in three competition mud boggs and placed in the top three every time. i say 395's are the way to go, and they are cheap i payed only 600 for seven tires and all have great tread on them.

charlietango

This is a local place here in Winnipeg KROY TIRE - CLICK FOR FLYER

lots of Canadian trucks ran the 1200R20 but with a different wheel. I can get them cheap. they also have the 12.5, 14, and 16 all in R20.

positions 11, 15, 16, 20 and 22 on that flyer are all military tires. I am going to flip the hubs but I just want to know what you guys would consider best. The 1200R20 are a great deal at almost 75% for $175 (CDN) and I can go hand pick them.

Says on the 12.5R20 (will mount on 1 piece wheels) does that mean the factory split rim is not a good choice for this mod?

Last edited:

Bronco4x4

it's in the bed, i wasnt going to buy a spare but i drove about three hours to get the tires so i figured for the price i should get a spare just incase, might damage one at the GA rally who knows

charlietango

just a question about using stock split-rim wheels.... since the norm for those is to run with tubes is there anything I need to know before switching to Radials?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks