• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super singles are done, But....

marksgarage2

Well the hubs are flipped and the 11.00-20s are on, but I am not real crazy about how it looks in the back. I like how the front looks. It steers and drives alot nicer though. O well I will run it like that for a while to see if I like it. How about m135 rims in the front and m35 rims in the rear? Here is some pics.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not a big fan of the appearance of the singled out deuce with skinny tires. I know they are much better off road for sure but thats just me!

M1075

With paint like that and your bridge plate, how can it look bad? I like it. You can always use some different wheels or tires.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I think those look terrible 8) ... want to sell them?
I like them, but they would look better under my truck :)

YoungBill

5 ton super singles

I have seen some supers singles on hub and look like they have not been reversed. I saw one that someone in the Tired Iron club in TN bought and it looked like the hubs were not reveres but it had super singles.

Adamlee

Super singles 12.5 on stock rims picture

red devils dude said:
YoungBill said:
Here is a picture of my M35 with 12.5 XLx mounted on stock rims without the hubs reserved.
hard on the bearings.
is it really hard on the bearings? i'd like to hear from others on this.

i can understand it if it were putting wrong offset wheels and tires on a semi-floating bearing, but is the load really going to wear these bearings out?

YoungBill

angle mount with the circle

The angled mount is for the NBC detector device. It sat on top of the platform and then plugged into the reader in the cab. It was to detect nuclear, biological and chemical warfare agents.

Will the set up really affect the wear on the bearings? I don't load it much but to haul a few cords of wood in the fall.

Thanks, Bill

Attachments

FSBruva

We sort of started to cover this. "Hard on the bearings" implies that more force is being placed on the inner bearings, because of the perpendicular distance the tire is from the bearing. However, there is only 1" difference between the tire's position (as compared to the furthest bearing) for the rears as is stock for the front. Granted, several thousand pounds of force offset by an inch results in several hundred more pounds of pressure from the moment increase - but think of the crazy loads and stresses put on the bearings by driving fully loaded offroad with a 30 degree horizontal slope!! As gerhard mentioned in another thread: old grease, moisture or grit are far more likely to do damage to the bearings.

Mark - Part of the reason the back looks wierd is because the box is too wide, or looks that way. That's why the M135 and M34 beds are 88" wide - they line up with the running boards of the truck.

Matt

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about useing the M135 rims, as the outer wheel on the back axle, without flipping the hubs? Would be the same thing YoungBill's truck, just using M135 rims. Should move the tire closer to the center of the bearings, and wouldn't narrow the rear track as much as flipping the hubs.

Dennis

Last edited:

marksgarage2

Well after putting 50 miles on the truck over the weekend, I am getting used to it. Acceleration, top speed, steering and overall ride and handling are all greatly improved. I will keep it like this for a while till the next bright idea comes along! Mark

DoubleDeuces

I have had a SuperSingle deuce and really liked it,but always felt the 11:00X20s slid alot, but YoungBill's 12.5s are the ticket. If you can run 12.5X20s on the standard rim,what would 14.00X20s look like and would there be a clearence problem? Bruce

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks