• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super Swamper TSL - LTBs on M1008

50shooter

What a difference tires make. I switched to 34"x10.5"x16" tires on my stock POS wheels. Very minor fender trimming was done and may not have been needed. Didn't want to take any chances on tearing up sidewalls. Truck is otherwise stock.

The truck went places Saturday in 2 wheel drive that the stock tires wouldn't go in 4 wheel drive. Can't wait to see how it does in snow and mud. Hoping the skinny tires will do better in snow as I doubt the 6,000# ish truck would float to well on any width tire.

What a little sweetie hauling wood too. Can't even tell the bed is full. The deuces handle like pigs with full loads of wood and a 105 loaded in tow.

I love this stuff.

Attachments

Cucvnut

inter co makes great tires i ran super swampers SSr's for a long time on my burban i was going to run LTB's on my M1008 but i fell in love with the BFG KM2 mud terrains

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are some real nice tires on your truck!

I still get by with the 33.3" 255/85 BFG Mud's which required no lift or trimming. I would like a taller tire to help with highway cruising speed though.

Attachments

tourdog

tires/load

if you want good snow traction put on a good set of 235/85/16 leave that littlle bit of wood in back will do a lot better in snow. now about that little load i thought you said you had a load when you fiil that truck to the top of cab all the way to tail gate then you will have a load . but the truck is great work horse.

OLDCHEV4X4

I used to run Super Swamper TSL 34 9.50 , They were some "pizza cutter' tires. Tall and skinny. They would cut through the mud and snow and get down to solid ground. But if there was no solid ground, you were sittin on the axles real quick.
Also you had to go slow around corners cause the side walls flexed alot.

50shooter

I still get by with the 33.3" 255/85 BFG Mud's which required no lift or trimming. I would like a taller tire to help with highway cruising speed though.

Thanks. I'll trade you my truck and tires for your truck and tires. :-D My old girl has seen way too much salt in it's life.

As far as road speed, it is almost like having OD now. It goes 55 mph w/zero issue. With the stock tires I felt guilty over 48 mph as it sounded like it was ready to nuke.

Josh

i had a set of super swamper LTBs on my landcruser, same size as yours, they lasted aprox 8000 miles and they SUCKED ass in the snow. BFG Mudterrians are the best tire ive found for offroad/onraod use, they kiock ass in the snow and mud and on pavment

sorry about the spelling im sorta drunk

solarmon

I just got a set of STA Superlug 9.00x16 bias-ply tube tires.. . . NICE

Contacted the factory,(Bias Ply Tires for light trucks - STA Superlug Bias Ply) and they sent me to the nearest distributor, which, in my case was Tyres International in Sparks, Nevada. .a MERE 700 miles away from my home in Moab, Utah.. Tires ran just about $200 each with the shipping.

Looks like they'll fit (on the stock rims) with only a tiny bit of trimming on the front, and none in back. I'll also be installing a Superlift 3 1/2" front - 2" rear lift kit soon, so may not even have to trim (we'll see)

These are 36 inch tall tires, so I figure I'll now be able to do 70 on the freeway without winding things up too tight . .not to mention gaining about 3 more inches under the diffs. (lotsa BAD roads here in Moab)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks