• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super tech oil at Walmart?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Citgo actually produces the 15W40.

http://msds.walmartstores.com/clien...3-9d27-f04a7bed65ca&action=MSDS&subformat=NAM

Always search for the MSDS on a product when you question the source.

I use supertech 15w40 or rotella t. All based on volume available and price in the store.
Wow, that's a change I missed. My humble opinion is that oil change regularity will do more to extend engine life than brand of oil. Wait until oil is on sale then buy the heck out of it. I'm still using Delo that was sub $10 a gallon. Bought a decent stash at the time.

CycleJay

Recovry,I agree with you. That is why I change mine at least every 3,000 miles... and Shell Rotella T is the only oil I have ever used so far. And so far my engine, once I get it started, has always ran perfect and reliably, depsite the idle being a bit rough some times. Which I would like to smooth out a little. But how?Just my $0.02 cents...

biggestc69

If your talking about the crankcase, Shell Rotell. The only Supertech product I run in my CUCV is 2 stroke oil in the gas. Picked up a mile or two a gallon and it seems to be a little quiter. The quieter thing might be in my head but the mileage is dead on.

c hawk19

I must say i'm not an oil guru by any means but I do know that at work we put 890,000 miles on a cat running nothing but Rotella T. And Since I can get it cheap through work that is what I'm going to run.

P.S. We sold that truck in 2000 and it is still being used as a wrecker.