• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Supplemental Armored Door Install Questions

GMVguy

Hey fellas.

I'm installing some supplemental armored doors on a HMMWV that previously had soft doors. The stock hinges seem flimsy with these heavy doors. Are there sturdier hinges available? I haven't been successful in finding any in the TMs.

They mount and close well, but don't seal up very nicely. See attached image. Before I go adjusting anything I thought I'd get some expert advice. What's the best way to get these installed right and tight?

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

GMVguy

Hey fellas.

I'm installing some supplemental armored doors on a HMMWV that previously had soft doors. The stock hinges seem flimsy with these heavy doors. Are there sturdier hinges available? I haven't been successful in finding any in the TMs.

They mount and close well, but don't deal up very nicely. See attached image. Before I go adjusting anything I thought I'd get some expert advice. What's the best way to get these installed right and tight?

Thanks.
Sorry the pictures came up cockeyed from my phone. I'll fix it later.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks