• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

supplier for injector lines

Dave the Wheeler

Hey all, I recently changed the lift pump and fuel filter on my cucv and loosened all the injectors to bleed the system. When I finally got it fired back up (about 20something degrees out at night) I noticed the #7 line was leaking where it threads on the injector, I tightened it down more and it seemed to stop leaking till I started driving it and noticed it was leaking again.
I tried loosening it while it was running hoping the fuel would clean some debris that might be preventing a seal-didn't work, then I tried loosening the clamp that holds the line then then tighten it on the injector- nothing.
I figured I should just change the #7 line along with the return lines while I'm at it but have a problem. I can't find someone who has new injector lines, I've been told they're not produced anymore??? I went to the local dealership and was told 90 a piece cause GM is now getting them from someone else.
I haven't found anyone on the net that has any either, only the 6.5
I am worried about buying a used line cause I didn't like seeing diesel dripping on my exhaust manifold like that and don't want to take a chance.
Is there anyway you could make these with a flaring tool if they can't be had for a descent price. 90 a line seems like alot, I see them listed online for around 25 but no one has them. I can find everything but the lines. Does someone know where I can find them?, I'm thinking now I should buy all 8 just to have them. Thanks

NPD732

Check the rubber block off cap on #7 and the rubber return line they will crack right at their base and make it look like the the hard line is leaking. The injector top can sometimes loosen up when you attempt to loosen the line. Make sure its tightly threaded to the bottom of the injector

ODdave

tighten all of your lines to spec DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN !!!, this is what probly cause the issue, i will post specs later (dont remeber off the top of my head) if you dont have them allredy.

Dave the Wheeler

Thanks everyone, Yeah I searched the problem online and got that it is mostly the rubber lines that leak, but I cleaned everything and ran it a few times and it is def. coming from the threads where the injector line threads on the injector, though I am def changing all the rubber lines soon cause they are old and too close to the exhaust.
I def think I overtightened that one. It was freezing out, getting late and I was pissed it was leaking-had to be the pita one to get to and cranked down on it, I should've loosened up the line on the ip and braqcket first and tightened it again before cranking down on it, but I am use to heavy equipment and wood chippers and never ran into this problem before where it was leaking after tightening them back up to close enough to spec.
Live and learn.

What is the difference in 6.5 lines? A friend is the head of a large bus garage and has tons of 6.5 stuff but not any 6.2, I assume they are diff fittings or something but just checking.