• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surburban pickup?

bkwudzhom

Just a thought. Converting the cargo area of a 'burb into a pickup. How hard would it be to seal off the passenger area. I may have access to a burb but need a pick up. Any thoughts or suggestions?

bkwudzhom

Kinda I guess. I have seen a block off wall built in the back of a blazer but wondered about flexing problems of a 'burb done like that. I do not have the skill or tools to do such but thought of cutting the back of a reg cab (3-4 inches ) and using it to complete the rear of the passenger compartment? Then just using a shortened pickup bed. Just bored at work so we were brainstorming and benchracing.

If you was going to go threw that much of a hassle i would just use a crew cab shell and a modified short wheelbase bed. FYI a suburban wheel base is same as a regular cab truck. As far as the Avalanche suburban ill see if i can find some pics of what im talking about. The burban was cut following the front angle of the rear side windows and was cut straight accross the top. Im not sure about flexing. but a rollcage was designed in it and allowed also for a rear soft top cover to be installed. Ill try to dig up some pics to better explain it.

By the way what year suburban are you talking about doing a pre 92 or 92+

yea i just posted it for practical purposes of the rear.

but if you want a solid sealed rear and turn a burb into a full time pickup i would just hold out and buy a truck or if you just got to convert one i would get a crewcab and a short bed bodies and mate them together. but if you dont have the skill or ability to do it on your own. your way ahead to just hold out and buy a truck. By time you pay someone to do it your going to pay alot.

AJMBLAZER

It's been done by several folks over on www.ColoradoK5.com . As mentioned you have to brace the remaining body to keep everything lined up right. Loosing that much roof takes most of the strength out of the body structure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks