• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sure could use some experienced tire advice

Fastfunco

Hello All- Need your advice on what tires you think would work the best on my M944-A1. Currently has the goodyear 14.00x20s but I must say- this truck almost gets stuck in soft sand in the flats- Heaven forbid ever trying to go up a hill - Truck is underpowered with the cummins 250 naturally aspirated motor to make things worse-

what tires would work the best on this truck and does anyone have some for sale?

tires on it are the original tires- date stamp 86- while they look almost new- they are now unsafe as I had one blow the sidewall just sitting in front of my shop-
30 years on a set of tires- - No complaints here!!!

so what do you think? Michelin 14.0R20 XZLs? Goodyears ??? Michelin XZL 16.00R20 or Michelin 14.00R20 XL(if I can find with a decent date code):?::?::?::?:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hello All- Need your advice on what tires you think would work the best on my M944-A1. Currently has the goodyear 14.00x20s but I must say- this truck almost gets stuck in soft sand in the flats- Heaven forbid ever trying to go up a hill - Truck is underpowered with the cummins 250 naturally aspirated motor to make things worse-

what tires would work the best on this truck and does anyone have some for sale?

tires on it are the original tires- date stamp 86- while they look almost new- they are now unsafe as I had one blow the sidewall just sitting in front of my shop-
30 years on a set of tires- - No complaints here!!!

so what do you think? Michelin 14.0R20 XZLs? Goodyears ??? Michelin XZL 16.00R20 or Michelin 14.00R20 XL(if I can find with a decent date code):?::?::?::?:
Michelin XZLs are good. I have gotten about 22k out of a set of all highway driving. The AT2s are not good on soft ground unless they are down to about 15 psi pressure. I got a guy east of Nashville that just got the tire contract for 70,000lbs of tires from a base. He will prob cut you a deal on some. You may even be better to go down to G177s due to the trucks weight.

I can bump your 250 on up so you have a good bit of torque for around 1500 on the max end. Low end of just a pump and fuel mod around 1000$ you need to give her air to produce. The stock filter is restricted very badly. I gross 40k to 70k with mine every day and i drive cross country. It does not have any danger of engine over fueling or unreliability with the mods

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Csm Davis

Okay we need more information about what you are wanting to do with the truck. Just driving on sand? Go with 24r21 if you can find them. Or even wider ag tires.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

exssdru

I would love more info on bumping up the NHC 250. I love the simplicity and reliability of my M925-A1ww, and can't complain too much about available power....but more is better! So long as it doesn't affect longevity, I am really interested.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I would love more info on bumping up the NHC 250. I love the simplicity and reliability of my M925-A1ww, and can't complain too much about available power....but more is better! So long as it doesn't affect longevity, I am really interested.
Pm me with your budget and what you plan on or do with your truck.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I do miss Kalispell tho. I lived in rollins right on the lake for the longest time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks