• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sure wish I could get into Chat!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've tried several times to get into chat tonight. I keep getting to a screen with a circle on it that tells me it's connecting, and it goes no further. Anybody else having this issue???????

:???: :?auaauaaua:?:?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm doing what I can...:sad:

mangus580

someone told me the admin guy here sux.... sure wish he would get his act together, he's bringin the place down!!

Seriously.... Are you using the hospitals network? They quite possibly could have the service blocked...

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it's quite possible, but I thought it was an open, although unsecured network. Oh well, I've checked the computer settings and updated the flash player, so I guess I'm doomed to stay out of chat until I get home and see if it will work for me there.

Thanks anyway

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get the exact same thing at work Tom, as do other members here who use Gov computer systems. It lets it get to the loading screen, then will load forever. (I know, I left it up for a week once) Its something in some of the networks the gov uses, that blocks it.

Last edited:

dittle

Yeah, its not the chat that is the issue. Service provider is blocking the service that chat is trying to use.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the easiest and most popular course of action is to blame the site and admin team.

:roll:

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adam,

You, Dan and Mangus nailed it. I am home now, and it's working just fine. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adam,

You, Dan and Mangus nailed it. I am home now, and it's working just fine. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks
Glad you're home and hope feeling better. Or at least a medically induced "better".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks