• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surge Brake lock out

Kenny0

I am not familiar with this trailer, but am familiar with this type of braking system. Could you pull it up a slight hill, park it then go back and check for a hole. If still no hole, how about a clamp like a heavy duty c-clamp to prevent engaging the brakes while backing up.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not familiar with this trailer but it should be covered in the operators TM. It's a variant of the M1101 so this tm should provide you the information you need .

TM9-2330-392-14P.pdf
TM9-2330-392-14P Operators, Unit and direct support and maintenance manual for M1101 series trailers.

It looks like the dampener on the master cylinder assists with slow backing for short distances according to the TM . So having a good shock on the master cylinder may help the problem.

Last edited:

Zed254

I own a couple of those trailers and could not find any 'back up pin' hole on the brake actuators. I've had no problems backing them up the drive or backing down a logging road. However, none of my backing adventures were up a steep hill.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dexter makes a complete backing plate assembly called FreeBack.
Allows you to back up a hill without having to lock out the surge brakes.

They have ones for this trailer and the M101A2/3 trailers.

Doesn't solve the immediate problem but will help in the future.
I don't own a M1101/2 series trailer so can't really answer how to lock them out now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks