• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

surge braks bushings?

wanabecruisen

Need some help from the experts! I'm trying to revive my m416 surge brakes and found the replacement master cylinder I needed but in trying to free up the mechinism I discovered several worn bushings in the pivot assembly. No luck finding these odd size bushings locally. Anybody have a source for them? Am I going to have to make some?

2ndchance

... I'm trying to revive my m416 surge brakes and found the replacement master cylinder...
Could you share with me where you found the replacement master cylinder for your M416-A1? I'm in the process of restoring an A1, as well. It looks like I need some new wheel cylinders, too!

Thanks in advance!

2ndchance

Wow.. no response, so I took the chance and ordered the parts. Luckily everything fit.

The nylon bushing can be found at eTrailer and Croft Trailer. They are listed one of two ways. Toledo Actuator Nylon Bushings OR Balcrank Nylon Bushings. Either way, their part number: 1745. CroftTrailer.com has the best price.

1745 --- Balcrank Toledo Actuator Nylon Bearings - Croft Trailer Supply

The replacement master cylinder did turn out to be one that fit 49'-53' CJ-3A. Kaiser Willy had them for $50. Part number: 805223. It was a perfect fit.

Master Cylinders - Master Brake Cylinder <br>Fits 46-66 Jeep & Willys

The shock dampener that goes into the surge housing is also made by Toledo/Balcrank. Part number: 1844-2. Sells for $55-$60. Again, CroftTrailer.com had the best price.

1844-2 --- Balcrank Toledo Actuator Damper Shock - Croft Trailer Supply

All of these were an exact fit for my M416A1. I found these when I noticed that on top of my surge mechanism, had the Toledo Hydro-Act logo stamped on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks