• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

surplus Deuces going bye bye

nhdiesel

Greenjeepster, the point I wanted to make is that no matter what we do to build up and repair their country, they won't continue it after we leave. We could build it up to modern standards, and in 5 years, 10 tops, it will be back to a 3rd world poverty-stricken country, because they are a people who won't help themselves overcome their problems. Some people have strength and pride, regardless of their financial position- such as Japan before WW2. They had inferior technology, but they still put up a massive fight, and put 110% into fighting us. After the war, we helped rebuild their country, and they put 110% into continuing Japan's growth, and look at them now.

Haitians, on the other hand, are the type that won't do anything to help themselves. If we were to rebuild their country, then plant crops in fields, they wouldn't be bothered to get up and harvest the crops. Look at other similar countries we attempted that with, such as all the money spent on Ethiopia years ago. We tried to teach them how to farm food and feed themselves, but they only wanted food that was handed to them.

Jim

vnm02

I agree with nhdiesel...keep what we have here. Why is it our responsibility to help EVERYONE, EVERYTIME something happens. It's high time we focus on our own country and how it is being run before everyone wakes up and realizes it is too late!aua

Somemedic

My earlier comments were rather frosty and hasty and I apologize.

There have been several quakes in the area since the initial, Dom Republic and a few other countries have felt trimmers for several days now. Im not sure that area is done yet. The workers in that area may be in the catbirds seat for a 7-8.0+ quake. We may be sending aid to the northern part of SA yet folks, especially if you look at the New Madrid timeline (about a month or so).