• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suspension refresh/upgrade Control Arms

hahnmgh63

No affiliation here but saw these on sale. Somebody more knowledgeable here will know for sure if the H1 bushings will fit the HMMWV's? I'm going to order a set for the future. Most of our HMMWV's don't have a lot of miles but age wise the rubber is deteriorationg. I've never tried Energy supsension brand, just Powerflex in my sports cars but I know they've been around for years.

hahnmgh63

I get what you are saying about Poly bushings. I know of some that have grease fittings that allow you to lubricate them to keep the noise away and wear low. Supposedly Energy Suspension's Black Poly have some Graphite embedded which is supposed to increase life and decrease noise, we'll see. They do make some Red Poly which don't have the Graphite.

Anvil Motorworks

Poly bushings are good for some applications but I’d steer clear of them on the Humvee. They won’t last nearly as long and the problem with poly is when they fail its catastrophic. With rubber, they will last longer and only slightly deform as they begin to fail making them a preferred option.

I manufacture and sell a tool that makes replacing the bushings much easier. I’ll be doing a run of them very soon for more inventory.

www. AnvilMotorworks.com