• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sussex NJ MV Show

Food for thought?

FormerNewMVGuy said:
Well , The show is near ! I'm hoping for great weather and good friends, I look forward to seeing all the great folks i see at the shows!
I help handle the show, and just want to reinforce some points of interest.

1. We share the grounds with a horse show that is down in the back, SO please be courteous to the poeple who are directing traffic! We post Idle speed signs for MV's entering the display area, It's not a suggestion, Idle speed is manditory

2. This is a family event. Unruly behavior will not be tolerated!!!

3. NO ALCOHOL , Now If you are camping over night, and can quietly have a beer in your own camp area...Then I may look the other way.

4.If you are bringing stuff to sell, you WILL need to be a PAID vendor.

I run the security detail, and will NOT tolerate drunks , Or any Disrespectful behavior!!!!!!!

If any of the above rules are violated, You'll be ask to leave immediately.

A statement related to the laudry list of show regulations, from long ago:

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have. " Thomas Jefferson

Really ashame that there has to be so many restraints and rules that attempt to control the MV Shows. I remember when this show first came up to Sussex, you just showed up with your vehicle, parked it pretty much where you wanted and set up camp. You were able to hang out with your friends and just have fun. If you did not make any trouble by being stupid, and respected other people, you were left alone. And it was fun, and all had a great time! End of rant.

Last edited:

emr

I would not worry about the show not being bigger and better as it some how is every year for a dozen years :) The vendor areas are SOLD OUT ! But do not worry we have rented MORE SPACE AGAIN this year :):):):)

The chatter I think is what it is because so many are just going ! And I think with the Steel Soldier group growing so much, ALL the shows are benefitting , So many 5 tons sold from GL I cant help but think there will be a RECORD NUMBER !! Of them there this year, i bet more than anywhere before,

The Fire service is trying to get there Heuy there Sat, The Army is trying to get around this sequester thing and get the Black hawk there Sunday, !!!!!!!!!! last year the Fire service had to go fight a fire instead of landing at our event, it was one of the dryest and fire ridden springs we had here !! The Army has been showing up for us for many many years , The last 2 they were in Kosavo, But they are back and trying HARD to make it, they LOVE our Hobby and OUR show!! TOO!!!

The NJ Guard is convoying in Sat with more trucks than last year.( They said they have something they want to show off too !!! ) And those that saw them know how amazing they ALL were, NO show has had the Military show up with as many vehicles and Picatinny with the triple 7 monster, the live 155 behind that beautiful 7 ton as we have :) , they Are also trying to make it,

So you see I sure would not worry about the people showing up, we have over 5000 show up, more every year we have been doing it !!! And we expect more this year too, We have more display vehicles and more vendors than anywhere on the east coast hands down, We were close to over 150 last year of Military Vehicles on the grounds! And Sunday we had more than the other shows have on there saturdays !!! More than 85 on Sunday !!!

From Alabama !, from Canada ! and places that just amaze me how many come out, We work hard, vary vary hard for all this to happen, we spend 25000 $ we advertise in 3 states now too... !!!!!!!!

Our Vendor dinner is second to none !!! :):):)

OK its on and almost hear !!!! Dont miss out because of some not posting, Our show is so much bigger than that, And I know most of you know it !! We truly appreciate all who come, vend , shop, display and just hang out !!!

ALL are welcome, SS has been asked if they want to do a trophy for a few years by me, You are always welcome to be as much a part of OUR show that you want, Its hugs and it is working !!!

=

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope to be a vendor there next year, sounds like you guys have built a kick-a$$ rally in the last several years.

emr

John, I think you will notice it really is still the same, we have grown , we have so many people from the outside that we just have to have control, the very first show we had a ton of rules, I know I was Pres. and the display chair along with that came the show chair job, We were on every body all day,Myself and a bunch of others ran all day long like we do every year :) It was an amazing show because of what we put into it, We never let anyone just park anywhere, All this was worked out months in advance, but like then and now we do make on site changes to help those like YOU who are DOERS :) Guys like YOU have more flexibility than those who just want to show up run around and make a mess, You know how late you stay , I know you do because i am there too , Late sunday into the next few days, You had taken home trucks for us I remember !!!, You always step up to the plate you always have, So these rules may seem stricked on an internet site, but John noting has changed, The people like you and so many others are there to have FUN< We will work as hard as it takes to make sure everyone does have fun, OUR show is huge , and it takes allot of hard working people, You know because you are there ,. your whole group always has cart blanch , You guys always police yourselfs, We never need to talk to you guys, So I can see how it seems in the past it was less restrictive, Really its a compliment to all you and your group does :)

Thanks John We are always interested in ALL feed back, and we try to adjust accordingly ... Thanks Randy Pres. :)

Randy, not complaining, just commenting on the side of caution. I realize we do need some rules when we get the number of people that we do. Sussex has become one of the best if not the best show that I have attended. My hope is that it continues to grow and get bigger. After all, it only 5 miles from my front door! And I know how much work all you guys do in order to make sure it works. Most guys that do come really do appreciate all of the club's efforts. Looking forward to seeing all the guys and gals, hopefully we will get some nice warm days, like today!

John

max1008

I was there last year and had a good time. Just wondering that if I got there on saturday at noon if i could just pull in with my MV and park inside the gates? Last year i parked in the big parking lot and hauled all my goodies out when i was finished.

FormerNewMVGuy

I was there last year and had a good time. Just wondering that if I got there on saturday at noon if i could just pull in with my MV and park inside the gates? Last year i parked in the big parking lot and hauled all my goodies out when i was finished.
If you are driving an MV you can wheel it right in to the display area. All are welcome.

YankeeDuece

No problem. Surprised to see litttle or no activity on this thread? Guess this year's show will not be as big as the last couple? Hopefully, the Gypsies will be coming out in full force.

Really?!? We don't miss this show. The MTA has repeatedly proven to put together one of the best shows on the eastcoast. All are welcome to visit the Gypsy Co. over near the fenceline at Johns MKTs. Joho, Molly, Anna, Big Steve, Gary. JT, Eric and Stevie and I are all planning on being there early and staying late.

Last edited:

YankeeDuece

So I just spent the first 5 minutes searching for pictures of last years MTA show and the next 30 minutes looking at all of the great pictures posted by fellow Steel Soldiers. If anyone is interested in seeing what MTA is up to search "Sussex" keyword "srjeeper". Maybe someone more capable then myself could attach that thread to this one.

The NJ State Guard had many large pieces with did demonstrations, Scott and others where giving deuce rides, the Living History area is outstanding and hugh vending area.

This show is well worth the trip.

G-Force

FormerNewMVGuy said:
Well , The show is near ! I'm hoping for great weather and good friends, I look forward to seeing all the great folks i see at the shows!
I help handle the show, and just want to reinforce some points of interest.

1. We share the grounds with a horse show that is down in the back, SO please be courteous to the poeple who are directing traffic! We post Idle speed signs for MV's entering the display area, It's not a suggestion, Idle speed is manditory

2. This is a family event. Unruly behavior will not be tolerated!!!

3. NO ALCOHOL , Now If you are camping over night, and can quietly have a beer in your own camp area...Then I may look the other way.

4.If you are bringing stuff to sell, you WILL need to be a PAID vendor.

I run the security detail, and will NOT tolerate drunks , Or any Disrespectful behavior!!!!!!!

If any of the above rules are violated, You'll be ask to leave immediately.

I find the quote above highlighted in BOLD RED hard to believe John......after spending the weekend with you and the gypsies at Gilbert last year.:beer:

And if anybody has troop seats for a dropside deuce and is coming to the show please pm me.

Last edited:
G-Force,
No worrries, Scott's post was meant for the potential "bad apples", which we really don't see a lot of with the SS group, and the overall group for that matter. Just something that has to be know for the size of the MTA Sussex Show. Looking forward to having lots of fun, hope to meet a bunch of the SS group this year.

John

LanceRobson

As my calender looks right now I can come down Thursday. Since much of what we're bringing is WWII collectable stuff we won't actually lay most of our junk.....err, collectables out until Friday which means I will have some time to help with whatever you need.

We've decided not to trailer the M715 Ed has for sale down but will make up a poster of pics and hang that up instead.

Is there a designated area for tent camping?

Just a thought for the security detail: As a deterrence for the occasional bonehead you should stop by the Tractor Supply store on the way to the show. They sell cattle prods. Get the one with the kick start....:twisted:

Lance

max1008

Rfischba1- do you have any sources for the rear canopy for your m1008? Ive been looking for one since last year when i saw your truck or a similar truck at sussex.

emr

Lance , Yes there are areas set for camping, RV,, Tents etc... A Big thanks for coming early, its allot of fun to help out and we really appreciate it, big time, Its more like an old time event , the hobby we are in, Everyone can come join in and get involved as much as they want...
Scotts the only guy I know who does NOT need a cattle prod,:) But a GREAT idea !!! :O)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks