• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swamp loggers has a M818

Really, that doesn't sounds like it. You seem to be bragging or putting the backbone of America down. Wayne
I was not bragging when I stated that I have worked with my hands all of my life, it's the hard truth. I guess if you read into a simple comment, about wardrobe, that I am putting the backbone of America down, then you are probably not near the backbone yourself. It was meant with humor, something the hard working members of our society need, after grinding out another week. My comment about you being Bitchy, was not name calling, rather an observation of your attitude over something that was seemingly nothing.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I just watched the episode, I thought it looked good with dual tires in the front. I've been watching the show for a while and always thought "he needs a m818" and now he does, how cool.

And guys, what's with the bickering? We are barely 2 pages into this thread and already an argument. Lets not be so quick to jump on people for things, how 'bout it?

michigandon

I just watched the episode, I thought it looked good with dual tires in the front. I've been watching the show for a while and always thought "he needs a m818" and now he does, how cool.
I had been thinking the exact same thing!

Regarding the duals on the front...many years ago back up in Michigan, I lived close to a large "muck farm". This operation sported a fleet of older deuces equipped with duals in the front, and triples on the rears. The word "unstoppable" comes to mind.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I had been thinking the exact same thing!

Regarding the duals on the front...many years ago back up in Michigan, I lived close to a large "muck farm". This operation sported a fleet of older deuces equipped with duals in the front, and triples on the rears. The word "unstoppable" comes to mind.
Triples on the rear,hmmm interesting, how would you do that? Run normal dual configuration with a really big spacer for the third? Bet that would look mean.

michigandon

Triples on the rear,hmmm interesting, how would you do that? Run normal dual configuration with a really big spacer for the third? Bet that would look mean.
Not sure how exactly they did it. And it's been well over 20 years since I last laid eyes on one of those rigs. Never thought to get a picture of one either. :(

forestMog

They might have done what I saw on some Aussie sites a couple years ago. One vendor had a system to put spacers between the depressions at the bead. Then they had some links to pull the rims together at the middle.

I used that method to put a capstan on my mog rear wheel that works when I lift the rear off the ground.

Looked for site but now can't find it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They might have done what I saw on some Aussie sites a couple years ago. One vendor had a system to put spacers between the depressions at the bead. Then they had some links to pull the rims together at the middle.
This is a common method to attach duals on tractors.

Attachments