• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sway Bar Install Question...

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just rebuilt entire front end.. New A arm bushings, ball joints, pitman, idler, sway bar bushings... So, how the Hell do you get this sway bar back on??? The STRUGGLE is real ... Any suggestions would be appreciated.. All hooked up except one end to lower a arm... Cant get bolt to line up.. :mad:

Ocho Out !!!

Mission accomplished.. loosened it all up, detached sway bar mounts from frame. This allowed me enough play to attach links to lower arms.. Then a ratchet strap from front bumper to sway bar.. Couple of clicks (just a bit of tension) and it went back onto frame bolts... (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: OBX

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure this is applicable on the HMMWV, but on solid axle vehicles often need to raise/lower a corner of the vehicle to get it aligned. (Not always the corner you are working on!)

rcamacho

Did you put urethane bushings in the end links?
I found that one bushing is offset in the bore on stock end links. Replacement bushings do not account for this this binding on installation.

The only way I found to make it work sub-optimally is to install the end links and bar ends first then bolt to frame mounts. There will still be some healthy strain on the end link bushings.

It would be relatively easy to fab Heim rod end links but I never got around to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks