• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

switch from LDT to LDS

Flyingvan911

Good points, jwaller. I have been playing with the winter cover. With it halfway closed the truck wants to run about 160. If I close it loosely, the temp will slowly climb to almost 200. Any advice?

JDToumanian

LDS has 5 piston rings instead of 4 for the LDT. There are "improved" oil nozzles for the LDS. The turbo is bigger producing more boost and has a wastegate. Fuel rates are different. LDS has a gear driven pump for power steering.
It was also my understanding that the LDS has sodium filled exhaust valves and the LDT does not...

TexAndy

MPH has nothing to due with what engine you have.

If you are going 60+mph in your deuce then you are turning too many rpm's.

Loud turbo means you prob have a C turbo and it's very very loud even at idle.

160deg is too cold. You should put a cover on the rad to get it up to proper temperature. low temps can cause the pistons not to seal properly in the cyl causing very fast wear of the cyl walls.
Not true.

If the engine is capable of turning faster (which the LDS is) without blowing up, it will be able to turn the wheels faster.

LDS has a max safe engine speed of 2800? rpm Deuce is 2500.

That would make the max safe road speed 62.8 mph @ 2800 engine rpm
60 mph would be 2676 engine rpm. Definitely doable.

jollyroger

It was also my understanding that the LDS has sodium filled exhaust valves and the LDT does not...
Good follow up. I need to go back and look at some of my notes. There are differences in the valvetrain too. I am sure it has to do with the sodium filled valves and maybe valve springs/improved camshaft......Shoot. I need to start taking Ginkobiloba or something.

steelandcanvas

Good follow up. I need to go back and look at some of my notes. There are differences in the valvetrain too. I am sure it has to do with the sodium filled valves and maybe valve springs/improved camshaft......Shoot. I need to start taking Ginkobiloba or something.
I can't even say that word, let alone spell it! :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks